Eden-nya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scanlation group and community around the manga Dreamland

Le Deal du moment : -14%
Apple MacBook Air (2020) 13,3″ Puce Apple M1 ...
Voir le deal
799 €

You are not connected. Please login or register

Present yourself !

+2
autumnSkies
Deman
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Present yourself ! Empty Present yourself ! Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:47 pm

Deman

Deman
Admin

Well well well !

Come on, don't be so shy.
Here is mine.

Favorite mangas/anime : Summer wars, Alive, Dreamland, Until death do us part, Gantz...
Favorite character in dreamland ? Toro Picana, Sabba...

More about me ?

Well, I study Web Design, Video games and 3D animation. I have to choose a speciality for next year, I think I'll choose Web Design.
I can speak French, mostly english (tho make some mistakes... often), a bit spanish and I'm starting learning Japanese this year.

That day, I was reading a volume of Dreamland while there was the website "mangafox" opened on my computer... And I wondered... Why couldn't English speakers know this manga ?
So I started translating it on my own... And it was hard... Then AutumnSkies came to help me and the team was created.
I hope it will last long. Please have fun here.
Smile

http://eden-nya.net

2Present yourself ! Empty Re: Present yourself ! Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:23 pm

autumnSkies

autumnSkies

Eh... um... I guess I'm pretty obliged to introduce myself as well.

Occupation: Undergraduate freshman (1st year), English Literature course

Favorite character in Dreamland?:Dunno...

Favorite mangas: One Piece, Gintama, 20th&21st Century Boys, and even more, of course...
Favorite animes: Lucky Star, Gundams, Full Metal Panic, Hayate no Gotoku!, Code Geass, Higashi no Eden and so goes on...
Favorite (J-)novels: Suzumiya Haruhi no Yûutsu, Fate/stay Night, Shakugan no Shana, To Aru Majutsu no Index, ... I'm sure there's a lot more.

I don't watch any kind of movies/sitcoms/drama/whatever so please, you don't have to think, just troll me on my poor culture.

Favorite games:
I actually own a X360 & an average computer, I love gaming. Should be a sport at school. Poor Terrence would have a chance to get higher grades.
Console:
Mostly J-RPGs, namely Final Fantasy V, VI, IX, Chrono Trigger, Star Ocean 1,2,3 (4 was ok, I guess, Meracle & Arumat are freaking epic), Tetris Battle Gaiden, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift, well... a lot more, I guess!
PC:
Warcraft 3, Starcraft, Starcraft 2, Team Fortress 2, Worms Reloaded, ... some MMORPGs (FFXI, WoW, ...) as well.

Even more about me? What the?!:
Well as I wrote above, I'm a freshman in the English Literature course at the University.
I can speak French, probably English (well, I guess so), Chinese, a TRULY average Spanish and my Japanese is better than my Spanish is.
Yeah, it's a hell load of language, and I found myself mixing Spanish with Japanese, such as always thinking that "donde" is "nande", or stuff like that.
I wish I could have learned Deutsch instead of Spanish... =_=

If you hadn't notice yet, I'm a translator for the team. I can also make lame jokes if you want me to. But I'd rather translate.

The reason I wanted to help Deman is 'cause I wanted to be an Internet Super Hero. C'mon, scanlating makes you epic. Join us and become epic as well. Join us and become a Super Hero as well. You can't say no to epicness.
Hell yeah. We don't need you but you need us!

On a side note, I also want to find out if Deman is a man or a woman. No, just kidding, I actually don't mind, and there is no woman on the Internet, so he's undoubtedly a man. I don't want to check.

Anyway, I should just stop spouting nonsense and go to bed, I've been awake since 5:00AM (and it's 12:30PM right now, I'll let you do the maths).

Hope you'll enjoy our work and bear with me and my lame humor.

Kindly,
autumnSkies

3Present yourself ! Empty Re: Present yourself ! Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:40 pm

Chockeh

Chockeh

Favorite manga/anime: I pretty much love all the web comics, One Piece, Bakuman, Holyland, Angel Beats... So much more :/.
Games I play: Other than console games, I play lots of computer games Very Happy. Right now, I'm pretty much playing Mabinogi, Vindictus, TF2, L4D2, CS:S, etc.
More about me:
Hmmm... I was born in Philippines, but I was raised in Canada for as long as I can remember. I can speak English, Filipino (Tagalog) and French. I'm planning to go to Computerized Systems Technology next year for cegep.

4Present yourself ! Empty Re: Present yourself ! Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:05 am

methaniel

methaniel

An introduction!
I was thinking a "Introduction section" was quite lacking to the place, but well, let's go with this thread instead.
Anyway, I guess I may stick a bit with this forum, even if I don't end up working with you guys, just cause it's for Dreamland >.>
Okay, here we go:

Occupation: 日本語学生, or said in a more understandable way, a japanese language's student!
Favorite Manga/Anime: The infamous question that always comes with the same problem when you have read as much as me, it's too hard to answer. Number one is obviously One Piece...after that there is too many excellent manga to read (urgh, recollections of the time when I was acting as a "Recommendation person" back then T.T)
Though, I have clear and definite favorite anime (Fuli Culi, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann and Ef - a tale of Memories)...opposite to manga, there is only about 30 anime that I consider worth enough to keep them on my hard-drive.
(And I do read a bit Light Novel, but I'm waiting for later, honing my japanese skills so I can read it in V.O., already bought To aru Majutsu no Index~<3)

Favorites Games: You could say I'm kind of a Pro-Sony (even if I do love lots of other games on the other platforms). I mostly (if not only at certains periods of my life...) play J-RPG, with my favorites being in the lines of the Final Fantasy, the Star Ocean, Xenosaga, all the Nippon Icchi Softwares games (like Disgaea, Makai Kingdom, etc...). The best one in my list would be Disgaea 1 and FF II
However I don't and have never played any MMORPG, and probably won't...
Only exceptions to the RPG would be from time to time Beat'em All (like DMC) or fighting games (Blazblue or Virtua Fighter) so I can let out some steam
Ah, and last point, I'm right now completly addicted to Jubeat, a Konami rythm game in japanese arcades (and am getting quite good at it)

More on me? (Eh? Not long enough yet?)
I'm...what you could name a sucker when it comes to learn languages...or at least, I thought so for a veeery long time. But thanks to the fact I lived in France, the country where the video games comes last and sometimes untranslated, I forced myself, learning english so that I could play those games too (ah, Xenosaga and its extremely long cut-scenes or Star Ocean 3 and its extremely big dictionnary...). And since about the same time I discovered the interwebz and the world of the scanlation, I became quite better (ah right, staying day and nights in an english forum helps...a lot)
Speaking of forum, I was for quite some time an extreme poster at OneManga Forum (I guess some people may know it, even if the main site is R.I.P), where I acted as one of the heavy reader/poster (I recently broke the 700 mangas series I'm reading, and was the first poster in OMF as long as I went there...)
Anyway, with my age quicking in, I had more obligations to follow and had to leave those forums (T.T), but can't stop reading manga, right? And so when I saw that Dreamland was being scanned too, it was like "hell yeah!", finally other can read it.
As such, since I'm quite thankful to Deman (and now AutumnSkies as well) for bringing those chapters, here I am~

P.S: Can't wait for Christmas and my short vacations on France...I can finally (!!) read the new volume of Dreamland, I'm dying to know what happens!

5Present yourself ! Empty RE:Present yourself ! Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:33 am

Tsuna

Tsuna

Hey guys, i just joined this forum today, obviously it's for dreamland ^^

Age : 22 (i guess im not the only one who is this old =x)

Location : Singapore (it seems like most of you are from france with the exception of me ._.)

Favorite mangas/anime : One Piece, Naruto, Bleach, The World Only God Knows, Hajime no Ippo, Dreamland, Gantz and many many more =x

Favorite character in dreamland ? Terrence and Shun...

More about me ?
I have no idea how you all managed to write so much >.< anyway I'm sad to say I do not know how to read jap nor say. But if anyone is willing to teach me abit here and there, I would definitely appreciate it ^^. But I have to say I sucks at learning languages too.. As a Singaporean, I know mainly Chinese(Mandarin) and English.(Fullstop) Oh ya, for those of you who knows, you might have heard of "Singlish", a way most Singaporeans speaks English in..

I'm currently struggling with my studies in my Uni course "Comp Eng." T.T Almost forgotten how to study after serving the nation for two years..

Lastly, i would like to thank Deman and AutumnSkies for the wonderful scanlation of my favourite manga Dreamland ^^ If possible in anyway, i would like to help out in the process of scanlation too..

TaTa~ for now..
Tsuna

6Present yourself ! Empty Re: Present yourself ! Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:20 am

Deman

Deman
Admin

Hey, welcome Tsuna!
Thank you for joining the forum.
Well, I must say that you're not that old to us!
About joining the team, I must say that we mainly need french/english translators, and as you don't speak french...
But I see that you can speak chinese, so this could be useful if we'll add a chinese manga to our scanlations.
For the moment, we focus on Dreamland, but who knows during next months?
Anyway, have a great time here and thanks for your support!
Ah, and I and autumnSkies are not the only members of the team, the other members are
really helpful too, so don't forget them Very Happy

7Present yourself ! Empty Re: Present yourself ! Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:51 pm

Tsuna

Tsuna

Ooops. yup, thanks to chockeh and methaniel as well =p

Any idea when will the next chapter be out? Is Dreamland being released chapter by chapter before the team can scanlate it?

8Present yourself ! Empty Re: Present yourself ! Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:58 pm

Deman

Deman
Admin

Actually, there are 9 volumes out...
I'm cleaning the next chapter, then I give it to the translators... So I can't say when, but you won't wait too much Smile

9Present yourself ! Empty Re: Present yourself ! Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:27 pm

Tsuna

Tsuna

Oh >.< okays ^^ thanks im looking forward to the next chapter ^_^

10Present yourself ! Empty Re: Present yourself ! Fri May 13, 2011 12:12 am

Tengudo

Tengudo

Introduction: I'm Mike, Tendou, or Tengudo, whichever is fine. I'm currently going to school for Audio Engineering with an interest in working in the video game industry though i'm more than happy to work on movies, websites, live sound for venues, anything at all. I make music under the name Tengudo but since starting school i've been more focused on studies and haven't done anything new really. For a taste of some of my old remixes and original stuff you can go to www.youtube.com/user/Tengudomusic

Favorite Dreamland Character: Probably Terrence

Favorite Manga/Anime: Dreamland has got to be one of my top fives right now. I have to say i'm also really interested to see where Accel World is gonna go with its storyline. Aside of that, Naruto, Arago, and Trace top the lists with Witch Hunter hitting close. I seem to be really partial to Korean Manwhas i noticed, and more often than not Ecchi is in all the ones i love to read though i swear i'm not seeking it out lol.

Armitage the Third has to be one of my most favorite animes ever. After that, i really liked Nyan Koi during its run, Gundam Wing is a classic, and Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood really brought the story to life properly. I'm sure there's more i could list but for the life of me i'm drawing blanks right now.

Favorites Games: Assassin's Creed 2 and Brotherhood have officially topped my list. I get so immersed in those games that it's not even funny. I still love the Halo series, mainly 2, ODST, and Reach, and from back in the day i am a devout fan of the Legacy of Kain series.

More on me?

I'm married and have two cats which act as our baby girl and boy in place of real children (do not want real children.)
While i cannot understand japanese with a fluent ability, i've become very familiar with the language and want to try and diligently learn the language.
I love electronic music. Electro Sun just dropped a new psytrance album recently and i can't get enough of it right now.
I also love J-Rock and J-Metal and have had the fortune to meet the members of MUCC and D'espairsRay in person when going to their concerts in California.
I'm a pretty open person once i actually get to talking with people. I hope to make a few friends here while working for the group.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum