Eden-nya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scanlation group and community around the manga Dreamland

Le deal à ne pas rater :
Display One Piece Card Game Japon OP-08 – Two Legends : où la ...
Voir le deal

You are not connected. Please login or register

Close to your Heart, Profound in your Head

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Tengudo

Tengudo

Alright so i wanted to try and get some sort of discussion going between everyone who is signed up on here and i figured i'd start by using a medium that is dear to me.

Music has a huge impact on people everywhere and no matter what type it is that you like, it will somehow speak to you in the same ways that a completely polar opposite song will speak to another person.

The point of this thread is to post songs that have significance to you for whatever reason. It could be a song you just really love, or it could be a song that you played a lot during an important point in your life. Maybe a song that reminds you of something every time you hear it? Maybe the song evokes a certain mood from you each time it comes on? Whatever the case, please explain to everyone why you like the song so that we can discuss together.

I want to set rules to avoid certain scenarios but also to try and breathe life into the discussion too.

The main rule is that you are not allowed to post a song back to back. For example, i will post the first song for this thread and then cannot reply with another song until someone else has commented.

The rules that would follow could be typed out explicitly but then that hampers the meaning behind this. I want this thread to be a place where you can share your experiences with a song or show your love for a song and the reasons why. If you don't care for a song posted, explain why without using comments like "this song sucks/the artist is gay." Or just don't comment on the song or mention the song in your reply at all. Let's not grief each other.

Now open your ears to the world of sound and hear the music for what it is. And in the process let's all try to get some new bands to listen to!

Tengudo

Tengudo

D'espairsRay - Redeemer

I wanted to try and start off strong with this so i'm going to post what i think embodies the essence of what makes a good rock song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bR1yX_IueM

Everything about this song excited me when i first heard it. I found it to be incredibly energizing, like every time i heard it i could take a running leap into the air and fly. I had been a D'espairsRay fan for a few years before hearing it but this song is what cemented them as one of my top favorite J-Rock bands. Honestly they may even be number 1 for me right now with Crossfaith in a close second.

The guitar riff just charges you up in my opinion. Everything else complements the song perfectly, especially the effects used on Hizumi's voice. I also love the visuals in the music video because they're so cool looking while having a deranged, almost macabre type of feel in some scenes. My personal favorite is the blindfolds with a cross between the eyes. I still want to make one of those for myself.

Sadly the video i posted (and most others i've found) has the problem of the high-end seeming to be turned up too loud. This is not present in the song itself when you have the album so it's safe to assume this was either a choice by the artists for the video or most rips of the video stem from one source that made an equalization mistake.

Lastly, hearing the song live is that much cooler and i highly encourage anyone who ever has the chance to see D'espairsRay to act upon that opportunity.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum